Magnum, thanks for the input. I tracked down a couple of the road through county data, and sure enough Platte County calls all of the roads that I was looking at private in some portion. Got a couple of other roads in other counties where the info isn't as easy to find. Think a call/email to wardens might be the next option. I did find a pocket or two other public land with next to no vehicular tracks and appear to be used lightly by people, but several good trails, rubs, beds, feed, and water. With 2 weeks of any elk (aka bull) and then 3 months of cow, I should be able to fill my tag. As for bullets, I have tried the 210 gr Partitions but could not get the groups that I want, 2-3X larger that Fusions.My last elk hunt in AZ, I loaded 200 gr Accubonds that shot amazing, sub inch at 200 yard, but with a 4 yo at home, a control environment to reload is not possible. And I am a fan of Bigfin (aka Randy), so I intend to keep shooting until the elk is down or outta sight, too. Someday I hope to have little more time off where I can travel and hunt a little further away from home in a little better elk country. Thanks for your insight and good luck this fall. We just had a clean out the freezer dinner this weekend with, elk (friend's that I help pack out), mule deer and pronghorn, good times. You got the makings of an overly full freezer on your hands.