I haven't used the 7mm-08, but used the 7x57 on my last moose, with 160-grain North Forks at 2650 fps. This was a mature but not exceptional Alberta bull. Typical of many moose, it stopped and stood there after the first shot landed about a third of the way up the body, behind the shoulder, where I'd aimed. Whereupon my guide (required for non-residents in Alberta) suggested I shoot it again, because he didn't want the bull dying in some nearby thick brush. So I did, which started the moose slowly walking toward the brush. He died near the edge, 19 yards from where he'd been standing at the first shot. The second bullet landed about two inches from the first, and I suspect if we'd just waited a little longer he would have dropped from the first shot, without moving. But who knows?

Might be doing another Alberta moose hunt this year, and if so would consider taking my 6.5x55 loaded with 140 Nosler Partitions.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck