I shot a fat mule deer doe near dusk with the older 235X/375 around 120yrds one year. It must have hit a small branch before hitting her. I heard it "thoomp" when it hit. She ran off. I lost the blood trail at dark. Next AM I picked it back up and jumped her up after a 200yd railing job. I popped her with the '06 I brought. I had shot her on the right front shoulder which was torn away and hanging down, and a saucer sized hole was through the ribs with part of her lungs exposed, looked like leather! No exit, and I couldn't find the bullet either?! No idea what happened. Never saw anything like that, before or since. I never used it again, instead just went to the Winchester 270 FailSafe factory load. Later on some friends and I got to hunt in South Africa with that same load in two 375s. We shot a ton of plains game with them from Blesbuck up through Wildebeast and zebra , waterbuck. I admittedly like the 270 Failsafe (same same) in a 375 H&H and the 270TSX in a 375 Weatherby ( a friend I traded that rifle to has his clients use it on eland on an exotic game ranch in East Texas...."chills their doo-doo pronto" he says! Have a ball, whatever you choose!

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 09/07/17.