Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Sounds to me like you fellas are playing around with that passing fad known as "smokeless powder".

Lord Black has standards and commandments.

#1: Thou shalt clean thy brass.
#2: Every time thou dost jerk the trigger
#3: Thou shalt anneal thine own cases
#4: Thou shalt compress thine charge
#5: Thou shalt act superior when in the company of passing fad shooters.

Lord Black ran the roost before smokeless (it isn't) powder (it ain't that either) was invented. But A Lot Less Smoke Granulations didn't fit on the signs.

Now here's the thing. Your mother always told you to wash your hands before supper. It was her way of helping you stay clean and (hopefully) you would not swallow unknown germy stuff at supper time. Carrying over, or carrying on, or carrying forward, or carrying out the habits of BP daze, cleaning brass was de rigueur, okay? If you want to clean your brass, go for it. What you do, behind closed doors, in the comfort of your home, is your business. It certainly doesn't hurt, unless you wash them so much that the copper wears off.

It's the same as people who shoot Remington rifles. If you want to, go ahead. Just remember that the other shooters at the range aren't laughing with you, they're laughing at you. And if that ain't a cue for a song, I don't know what is.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]