Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My MIL has had quite a life. She married an airman who stayed in. Before his 30 was done, he was a Chief Master Sgt and a civil engineer. He was stationed in a lot of places building air fields and the like and he took his wife and the kids with him. My wife has lived in Puerto Rico, Spain, Japan, and many other places. His long time goal was to get stationed in AK and retire there. He did it and spent his last 2 year tour at Elmendorf AFB. However, he'd only been retired for 4 or 5 years before a heart attack got him at 58. MIL stayed on in Anchorage another 25 years before the cold became to much for her and she moved to OR. After 7 or 8 years there, she moved in with us.

This photo is from their time in Spain. My wife is the one on the left at about age 10 along with her 2 sisters. They were going on a picnic and had stopped at a service station on base when an army tracked convoy came by. The convoy stopped and somehow a tank driver backed his tank over their car while they were still in it. What saved them was a large heavy duty Coleman cooler in the back seat that took the tank's weight and kept the roof from collapsing on them. The convoy commander pulled his pistol and was preparing to shoot the driver when my FIL stopped him. Under Spanish military law at the time, the commander had every right to do it.

[Linked Image]

Now, see? Your MIL has cool stuff to talk about. Get her yakkin' and maybe she'll turn down the sound. (Keep TPIR on - win/win).

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.