Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by blammer
spoke to the kind lady at Springfield today. I sent her the picture in the first post and asked if she would show it to their technicians to see what they had to say.

Here is the reply I received.

Dear MR........

I have had a chance to conference with my Technician about the photos you shared. He does not see anything alarming in the photos in regards to the size of the chamber or the fit of the cartridge. There should be no issues related to the function of the firearm for you or any future owner.

He believes that the reason the casings are so damaged is because the ammo is running hot.

Thank you and have a nice day!

ok, good enough for me, the gun is for sale.

Ridiculous. That much of the case is unsupported, and that's how they designed it?? I'm disgusted. It's going to keep shearing off case heads with anything approaching a full-power round. In a 380, I might be okay with that much case sticking out, but in a 9 running 35K+ psi, it's going to damage most cases beyond reloading, and shear them regularly.

I would contact Hornady and get them involved next. Then I'd call a lawyer.

What is a lawyer going to do for you?

Originally Posted by FreeMe

Over $94?

Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Over $94?

Lawyer, expert witnesses....shouldn't cost more than a hundred grand to get some satisfaction and maybe, just maybe get the cost of the pistol reimbursed.

Defective/dangerous product. How do you think products get corrected when the company yawns and then charges for repairs when faced with a faulty design that's already on the market? Would you want your daughter, or one of your grandchildren firing that pistol?

First, the XD is not a defective design, second there isn't enough damages to cover the costs of a law suite.
Again what's a lawyer going to do for you. Answer nothing but cost you more money.

You're obviously "winning" at life. Please continue to hand out advice, champ.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.