Originally Posted by Yondering
I'd like to hope this gen2 version is improved over the original pile of junk, but I'm very skeptical. I had one of the gen 1 versions in 40 S&W a few years ago; on paper it seemed like a great idea - compact folding design, light weight, Glock mags, etc. In practice it was pitiful. The whole thing flexed like a noodle when firing it, mainly in the center receiver/hinge area, and accuracy wasn't any better than I can do with a pistol, at any distance. Perhaps it would have been better in 9mm, but that system just wasn't up to the power and recoil of 40 S&W in that chassis.

Then of course the issue of the sights being too low for most people to actually use, which I see they still haven't fixed per Cheyenne's comments above. One could mount a red dot on it, but then it won't fold without using an expensive pivoting mount or a rotating handguard; classic example of polishing a turd.

Typical for Keltec, they had a decent idea with very poor execution. The one good thing about them is resale value is high so it's easy to get rid of them.

One has to remember what they are wanting it for and its uses. I always get caught up in that. Just like Hi Point carbine my buddy has.. junk,junk, and junk... and damned if it doesn't kill fine, shoot fine, never seen it jam and for riding around at night shooting armadillos I can deal with the trigger.....

I'm betting if the thing flexes where the hinge is, that can be dealt with/snugged easily with some thought. But remember how sloppy lower/upper fit can be on an AR at times and they function and are accurate enough.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....