Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
First, Verizon is the only cell system that works in rural areas. AT&T, T-Mobile, and any other GSM based 3G/4G system concentrate on the cities and interstates.

Not true.Tracfone willl use any tower that they can reach as they lease them some how. Me and my hunting partner have only used Tracfone for 5+ years. .I had little flip phone back in 2009 .I was hunting in extreme NW CO and I could pick up a tower 60 miles away and call home. No w he has better luck than me getting cell service with his LG phone, where as I have a Samsung, but also has Tracfone service.Tracfone is $20/90 days, 60 minutes,but most newer phones give you double or triple minutes.If you buy a years worth, you get 3000+ or more minutes. Not for some one who has to have a cell phone stuck to their head 50% of the time though.

I only worry about the voice side of the signal strength,but at times text will go thru when voice won't as so stated. As mentioned previously my buddies 4G would work out in the rural areas, 30+ miles from the nearest tower in Craig, CO. Mine wouldn't. I was out in eastern CO this past Friday.Again my phone would l notwork,but another guy that was driving had no problem.We were 40 miles from the nearest tower. It might very well be caused by all the apps running on these using power.I don't know about that though.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles