About seven years or so ago I had a Browning/Winchester 1885 Highwall short hunter in 38/55. I'm thinking it had a 22" octagon barrel that had a true buckhorn rear sight, a brass bead front sight and a folding tang sight that was quite nice. It shot very well with both jacketed and cast bullets. I know it's not a 358Win. But it would handle the same critters quite well. I am a .358 bore fan though I only have five of them presently. Two of those are in 358 Winchester and one runs a close second place to my favorite. I have a 1977 Marlin 336 in 35 Remington that is called my favorite but I've killed more deer with my BLR-81 in 358 (steel receiver). I bought a Remington 7600 carbine several years that were made as a limited run for Grice's Sporting Goods. I toyed with the idea of dropping a chamber reamer in to make a 358 out of it but I sold it for what I had in it. Two years ago I got the itch for a 35 Whelen and since my first centerfire rifle was a Remington 7600 I found one of those out of the late 1980s or early '90's.
All of this to say that I am sold on the .35 caliber and if it is a 358 Winchester,q I know it will handle almost any hunting I could ever find myself in from the muzzle to 250 yds. To quote a gentleman from another forum, " thump something with a 35 and it stays thumped. "

"I know you believe that you understand what you think that I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
( A quote of my Father)