Originally Posted by shaman
I don't mean this as a criticism of any of y'all. However, I find it fascinating that most of this thread has been about the process of what to do after the shot, and very little of what to do before. As a comparison, I spent quite some time answering questions about whitetail deer. Yes, there were the occasional questions about how to process a carcass, but folks were more interested in how to find them, where to shoot them, and such. This thread leads me to believe the adventure starts once the moose is down.

Truer words were never spoken.
If you were doing a DIY hunt I'd have offered a few more tips but when booking a guide you're going to hunt according to his style and you'll need the equipment he tells you to bring. As far as choosing the place goes I agree with Newfoundland on the cheap (nothing cheap about it though) or Alaska if you want to shell out the money for the ultimate adventure. Most important things I can tell you to bring are knee high rubber boots, a rifle (cartridge isn't terribly important especially if you're calling during the rut), and two sharp knives if you're doing the field dressing.