Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've gotten used to seeing AB's look like that too, which is why I love 'em. Congrats on the moose.

And you mostly shoot little stuff, no?

That is a very long way from what I want to find in any animal...

In fairness I did recover an X this year for the first time. It was in a moose and it was a little heavy for caliber, a little slow for caliber, and a TSX.

It also went through a hell of a lot more moose than these examples... and it only took one...

I have decided to start looking at the edges of bullet performance rather than the middle because the middle is so reliable. I am also trying to figure out how so many can have experiences so completely out of sync with my mine. Mostly, I still doubt a large percentage of the "I have never..." crowd...

Yeah, but you're the same guy who said any bullet that didn't exit was a failure IIIRC, which is a weak argument no matter what sized animal you're shooting.

Mostly little stuff for me, except for about 30 head of African game up to and including kudu, zebra, and blue wildebeest.

And I stand by that statement when shooting larger animals, especially. The science and Physics says it is anything but a weak argument. Animals die from non-CNS wounds by bleeding to death. Having a bigger, more useful vent is an obvious advantage.

It's weak because it's proven wrong by countless hunters, including myself. No, I don't shoot grizzly bears or moose, but wildebeest, zebras, kudu, etc aren't real small.

No pass through's equal bullet failure? Seriously? I guess your beloved TTX/TTSX bullets that are "caught", failed also then. Ridiculous.

Last edited by JGRaider; 10/17/17.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.