Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
If I wanted an exit every time, or the bullet was a failure, and my ability to collect animals was in jeopardy, I'd be ethically bound to shoot flatnose solids.

A guy who wants to complain that expanding bullets fail, and then goes on to describe one of his expanding bullets failing, but then claims that others should also use his failure of a bullet.....well, that guy sounds like an unethical ass or an idiot who can't reason. Shoot non-expanding bullets that have the greatest chance of exiting, or STFU.

The other option is that expanding bullets work just fine, as proven by all the dead animals. And the ones that don't exit also work just fine, else the would be few pictures of bullets taken from game.

WOW! Where did you leave your clue?

At least you put yourself in the ridiculous slot in your first paragraph, rather than trying to drag me into it. And obviously you have not kept up with the discussions.

You have to be a lot more specific than "expanding bullets" and putting someone else in your clueless, self-imposed ethical dilemma is laughable. FMJ and solids are notorious for slow killing... any reasonable person would not jump to the conclusion I was advocating exits above all else.

Your thought sequence does not work in proving your point, or even come close. So I will type this very slowly for you. I have never witnessed an Accubond exit and I have seen them used in a number of calibers up to 375. I do not expect every bullet to exit, but for bigger critters that I want dropping right now I prefer them to exit.

To suggest exits do not help is wrong.

The bullets I prefer are expanding bullets that IME&O are very reliable at exiting. Forced to shoot high because of the brush a bullet hit spine, and a scapula, and ribs before stopping just under the hide. On a bull moose. It was the first I have caught and far from the first one I put through a moose. It killed the bull and he was not close to deep water. My shot placement in a large animal with a TSX moving a bit slow allowed the bullet to be caught. I expect that bullet under similar conditions would exit far more reliably than any Accubond I have seen in use.

Then there is the very real difference in ruined meat...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.