Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Kriist, may as well ruin the Summer Olympics too...only comes every 4 years but they have to chiit on it.

Bet there's no kneeling in the Winter games smile

Well... we will see. It's done in NFL, MLB, college sports, little league sports, I'm sure jr. high/high school as well. Why not the Olympics? Anthony Ervin just did it where he won gold last year. With literally the world watching? Not some American Foosball shown only in 'Merica!

Honest to god, I want to know what JSTUART thinks of this. Americans are in a unique situation with the First Amendment to protest their government or speak mostly how they want and when they want, especially against the government (I'm speaking of the world stage of the Olympics and not about NFL where it's mostly shown to Americans in America). You know someone is going to do it. Someone wants the attention. Would Russia tolerate someone taking a knee for THEIR anthem at the Olympics? How many countries would?

Frankly, I'd be laughing my ass off if some American knelt for the anthem after winning gold and some Ukranian or Brit walked over after, on camera, and bitch slapped the chit out out the American.

Please note: I'm 100% against anything but taking your head gear off and placing your right hand over your heart during the anthem. And let's keep politics off the field.

And Bwana, they'd have done it last year in the summer Olympics if it was Trendy and Trump had spoken against it at that point. How Trump figures in is another story for another thread. If I was a bettin' man, I'd put $$ on American winter athletes kneeling, but only for the American national anthem.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"