Originally Posted by saddlesore
I got to handle a Sig 320 Compact, 9 mm this past week end. I was really impressed with the light trigger pull and ease of racking the slide.

How about some feed back as to pros and cons of them.

OK, you asked for it. The Sig P320 has a high bore axis, increasing felt "muzzle flip" when fired. Some find this sensation disconcerting, especially those accustomed to the very low bore axis on a Glock (made possible by the absence of a hammer). Whether or not you find it disconcerting, it will slow down your shot to shot time. That's just pure physics. You can't get around it with training.

Now you might be tempted to point out that the hammer's absence or presence has nothing to do with it. Here's why it does: The P320 is a striker fired variation on the Sig P250, which did have a hammer. Instead of starting from scratch, and coming up with a proper striker fired design, they kept the same basic lines as the P250, which means the high bore axis (made necessary by the hammer on the P250) was also retained, and that entirely needlessly. It was kept exclusively due to the rush job they did in order to make it into the US Military trials, i.e., there was no time to properly come up with a striker fired design that wasn't mostly based on the old P250, which, due to the hammer, had to have a high bore axis. Thus, the P320 also has a high bore axis, as if it had a hammer and required it, which it doesn't.

PS Yes, I bought a P320, and thoroughly tested it out. Side by side with any of my Glocks, the increased muzzle flip was highly disconcerting to me. I sold it thereafter, which, due to the hype, wasn't difficult.