I acquired an early 320 C and put a Bruce Gray trigger in it--- it's a wonderful gun, extremely reliable, accurate and I like the grip angle (closer to a 1911 than any G-guns). Arguing the height of the bore axis is akin to arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin---it's like sporting clays shooters arguing over choke constriction---if it's a big consideration to them, you know you're dealing with a mediocre to inept shooter. Unless they're hawking for the gun manufacturer you NEVER hear a top shooter promoting low bore axis----you DO however occasionally hear them discuss grip angle. Roughly the difference in height from the back of the tang to the center of the bore was about 3/4" more with the Sig than a G-17----however the difference from the center of the trigger to the center of the bore was less than 1/2" more with the Sig. That 1/4" difference results in a somewhat substantial difference in grip angle. If you compare Max Michel with say Bob Vogel, it's obvious that grip angle and bore axis differences are not objective obstacles----practice is more important than either.

The drop test failures of the Sig seem out of proportion to me. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool, born-again Pre-Series-80-1911 guy. I despise the firing pin blocks added to the JMB design. Therefore I don't feel less safe carrying a 320 that might fail a drop test than I do carrying a series-70 1911 that also may fail a drop test. It's just not a big deal.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.