Originally Posted by Tejano
Save the big scope for when you come back. Yes to home made shooting sticks. Make a bi-pod and a tri-pod and practice with both. Or get a trigger stick and give it to the guide. Carhart double faced pants worked well and were quieter than the nylon bush pants. Filson are good but the waxed double tin can get hot.

Get a pair of boots now and break them in. Practice shooting like you are playing golf or shooting sporting clays. That is walk around and shoot at unknown distances off the sticks if you have a place you can do this. The majority of shots will be standing up so stay away from the bench once you decide on a load.

Don't take too much stuff but where I go overboard on is camera's. One trip I had four and don't regret it. You can give a point and shoot one to one of the trackers and may get some interesting photos this way. Save your money for trophy fees as you will be guaranteed to have opportunities on whatever you don't have a tag for.

I would bring one full size good quality bino and another small one like the Yosemite 6x30 for your son. Sharing binoculars doesn't work well.

Be prepared for cool weather temps can be chilly in the AM in an open car. A down vest or sweater is nice and weighs almost nothing. Have a tougher jacket to go over it or you will leak feathers everywhere.

Have a great trip.

Tejano,

Thanks for the advice on Carhartt. We will make those shooting sticks soon.

Steve