Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
I'm a bit of noob at this, and you guys are tossing out terms I don't know much about. Couple of responses:

1. First re-sizing was with a 30-06 die set I bought from the Fire Classifeds that turned out to be "small base" dies. They were a bit hard to size with, so I replaced them.

2. I'm using new bought RCBS dies on now, which were used on the other 2nd and 3rd re-sizings.

3. I follow the "generic instructions" in the box. I don't "adjust the die to suit the chamber". New on one me. Please fill me in.

4. I don't have a neck sizer die. Maybe I need one? I likely won't relaod 30-06 a LOT once I have a load developed, but I'm all for buying the right tools for my hobbies!!

5. Maybe the head space concern is real. Even the 56gr loads had pretty flat primers.

I like your honesty. Good to see someone wants to learn the right way. Check out mathman's instructions on how to properly adjust your dies and you'll be golden. There's a lot to properly adjusting both your FL sizing die and your seating die. I haven't read through mathman's lengthy post and instructions, but I know how he works and he's usually spot on...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA