Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Another 24hourcampfire pull out your dick and brag about beating the [bleep] out of your gun thread..... .[bleep] is so ridiculous.
Between the internet and reality television, the average American has lost touch with reality. Millionaires claiming oppression, cops in full tactical gear and hunters pretending the 100yd walk to the elevated heated deer blind is main Street Fallujah.

So you're saying that a scope shouldn't hold zero if it is leaned against a tailgate or tree and slides off...?

If toasters offered the same performance as most scopes they'd be extinct. But an aiming device that doesn't stay zeroed- perfectly ok.

Since it is possible to make scopes work correctly, I'll take those.

Im saying the average poster on here doesn't need their scope to be able to withstand being thrown down on concrete six times. Big difference between that and a gun leaned against a tree falling over. Which has happened to me a few times. I haven't let my gun fly off the back of an ATV, out the window of my truck, dropped it off a cliff or fall off my tractor multiple times like has been posted here.
My guns are TOOLS, and treated as such. As someone that makes his livelihood WITH tools, I take the best care I can to keep them from being damaged and use them with proper respect. If I see a guy using my tools/equipment with disregard he and I are going to have a problem.
A riflescope should be able to with stand a tip over, an ATV ride, being bounced/beat around etc...and still hold zero. I don't expect it to with stand being thrown down on concrete six times in order to quantify it as OK to use.