Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The Alabama-Tennessee game reminded me of a cat playing with a mouse. Bama could have probably won that game 70-0 if they had wanted to.

This game may have sealed Butch Jones' fate at TN.

I live a few miles north of the Kentucky-Tennessee state line, and our local TV stations are out of Nashville, plus I listen to some of the talk radio sports shows, also out of Nashville. The biggest problem with Tennessee football is that many of the UT fans actually believe that Tennessee is a Top 5 football program. LOL.....what a joke!! They are not, never have been, and never will be. Maybe at the end of a Top 25, but that's only because they're in the SEC. They have become irrelevant in the SEC, and are so far behind the top teams in the conference that it's almost a joke when listening to Vol fans. The biggest problem is not the coach, although he most certainly isn't that good, but it's the fans and their expectations.

I can relate to fans and their expectations, because living in Kentucky, and being a UK basketball fan, I see it every year. Some fans get so caught up in the action, that they become borderline stupid in the way they act. But, the difference between Kentucky basketball and Tennessee football, is that UK is a threat to win a championship almost every year, while UT is not in football. As soon as UT fans realize that, and can face the fact that in most years Alabama is going to beat them, and accept a 9 win season as being good, they might get back on track up there in Knoxville. Until then, a good coach probably isn't going to want the job.