[quote=Seafire

I've ran across a lot of lazy unmotivated white people also, both in VAs and other civilian Hospitals..
and even working in a Military Hospital.. while in the service...

But still bottom line, the problem exists at the Professional Level, the Managerial Level.

it is there jobs to make the system work....

and they are the ones, that are allowing low standards to dominate the VA system.

[/quote]

I recently spent 4 days with my Dad in ICU at the VA hospital in Biloxi, MS. We live in south AL and his primary care is the VA JACC (outpatient) P'cola, FL. When Dad needed serious help primary care referred him to the local ER. They would stabilize him and refer him to primary care. We went through this several times until we bypassed local ER and went to Biloxi, where he received excellent care from a determined doctor and staff in the ICU. This gifted doctor is a veteran who truly cares for his sick brethren. He was outraged at what Dad had been through.

What I witnessed in that ICU over a few days was quite remarkable. This doctor is aggressive, action oriented and compassionate all at once. He gets stuff done, right here, right now and his compassion for the fellow veteran is contagious.

While Dad was being discharged I went to thank the Dr. The first thing I told him was the VA could really use a couple hundred of you. Here was his reply.

"Therein lies the problem. The VA is very much like the swamp in D.C. The doctors and management within have created a good 'ole boys club that can be very hard to penetrate. They get in and ride the gravy train to retirement without working very hard. It is very hard for one who is not connected to get in. My private practice got wiped clean with O'care. It happened all across the country. There are many of us who want in, but we like to work. What Mr. Trump is trying to do in draining the swamp desperately needs to happen within the VA".