Hoppe's # 9
Sweets 7.62

I run a patch of Hoppe's making sure to coat the chamber, recoil lug recesses, as well as the bore and let it soak for a few minutes

I run a patch of sweets concentrating only on the bore and let it sit for 5 minutes

I run a second patch of sweets and usually the copper color is much lighter than the first. I stop there because I don't want to remove all the copper I only want to remove the copper that hasn't filled any voids or defects in the bore.

I run a patch of Hoppe's and then a dry patch twice concentrating on both the bore and the chamber to clean out any remaining powder and to make sure any remaining Sweets 7.62 is well diluted.

I run several dry patches concentrating on recoil lug recesses and bolt recesses in the action

I never use a brush
I make sure everything is bone dry when I'm done
The total procedure takes about 20 minutes
I clean every 30 to 40 rounds on average

My 22 lr never gets the bore or chamber cleaned unless it has a problem feeding or functioning. Generally the more shots that are fired through it the more accurate it gets. If I do clean it I only use Hoppe's # 9

When my rifles are put away for more than a month the bore and chamber get Rem Oil

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 11/06/17.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field