I am a huge 7 Saum fan , for me the brass is a non issue as I stocked up on Remmy years ago plus have a ton of Norma , easily attainable. It feeds smooth as silk out of Gen 1 HS Precision bottom metal.

My favorite 7 saum rig started off as a BDL Stainless with a 24" factory barrel. I took it off had it cut to 22" target crown added and out of vanity mainly ( plus a little weight loss) had it fluted and reassembled.

Added a Boyds Featherweight Thumbhole that I ground to fit my hand , cerakoted the Barreled action and worked up some loads with the 140 TTSX and 140 ABs that pump out at around 3k and produce .25 and less groups both behind BR2s and H4831SC ( only neck size) . Neither bullet has the highest BC out there but crush through everything, expand great and always leave an exit which is important to me as I only hold first exposed rib behind shoulder and above heart. I don't like to waste any meat and always want an intact heart for its delicacy alone.

Brass life is great, barrel isn't showing a bit of wear after around 500 down the pipe and I don't expect to ever wear her out as my paper punching and gong tinging days are mainly over , its mostly a hunting rig these days. I really can't say enough about the cartridge though I do often ponder a 7/300 wsm just for giggles and will likely build a 7 LRM sometime in the future.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2