I have two eVent bivies, and one older GT bivy. These are all made by Integral Designs, of Calgary, AB. Canada. They are now RAB and made in Asia and I would not have one as a gift.

1. South Col eVent bivy, OD-for hunting as I keep my hunting gear separate from my regular backpacking gear except my down bags.

2. Bugaboo eVent bivy, yellow, this is my "emerg" bivy and is carried with my Exped. Wallcreeper PL bag plus tarp for survival should I be injured when recreational hiking. I also use this with a Wildthings Gear half bag and my ID Dolomite jacket for winter snowshoe treks.

3. Original ID GT OD Unishelter, with ID OD Silwing, my "retired" bivy bought long ago for hunting spike camps and now it lives in a duffle in my Tacoma 4x4 should I get stranded on a BC mountain pass in several feet of snow and -30. I wish I had bought an eVent one of these when they were still available, best bivy overall I have used since my old Black's of Scotland, in 1969 and two Early Winters GT bivies after that.

At present, I prefer the look of the Borah Gear eVent bivy, BUT, I cannot recommend it from actual use as I have never had one, just photos which look good to me.

HTH, JMHO.