Originally Posted by SNAP
Yep, they are the most easy to operate and correctly sized bags I have ever used and that is a LOT of good bags.

Also, it is a "plus" to me that they are made in CA, as any issues can be so swiftly dealt with and then they offer the bag extender and a zipper arrangement which allows use as a "quilt", so a bag can be adjusted for every season.

The Sequoia, is my idea of a PERFECT all-around bag for BC-AB and I hope to use mine often this winter.

I picked up a Sequoia from Backcountry at a ridiculously cheap price, about $450 new a few years ago-must've been a mistake in the catalog or something. Anyway, mine is the microfiber not wind stopper version . It is a very comfortable bag and though I've only had it down to 9°F - but with only a thin base layer and summer sleeping mat I had the a darn thing open down to my waist and was still pretty warm at that temp. I won't even mention the extra shoulder room or how nice it is for guys like me that are not built like marathoners or ultra-distance hikers. laugh I only have Western mountaineering bags now, rated from +25 to -40 degrees F and I probably will never own anything else.

Last edited by 340boy; 11/14/17.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker