Gray squirrel and cat squirrel are the same thing, as far as I know. It's just what we call them, kinda like saying white perch instead of crappie or sac a lait. There will be different color variations, such as some reddish hairs on the tail or black tipped hairs on the tail or body, but they are the same squirrel.

There are 2 different fox squirrels in La. You have the regular one all over the state, but in south Louisiana they have a fox squirrel that will make 3 of the biggest regular ones I ever saw. They are both colored up the same, but one is waaay bigger than the other. I've read that these big squirrels are slowly spreading northward, but I've never seen any up here. I lived in south Louisiana and south Mississippi for 20 years and I saw a few when I lived down there. I never did kill one because the squirrels in the southern part of the state have wolves and you have to wait until after a freeze before hunting them. By the time it freezes down there (if it freezes), deer season is open and it's hard to find a place to squirrel hunt that isnt being deer hunted.

Anyway, hope that answers your question.... at least it's all I know.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21