DennisinAZ - Burris FF2 is a good recommendation but I think a little dated for the money. I have had one for years and have recommended them -like the Weavers. Hard to part with but some newer scopes give them a run they no longer beat IMHO. I have Meopta, Leupold and had others including Sightron and do in field comparisons on all. I just bought a buddy on a budget a Prostaff 3-9x40 with rings for $149 and am pretty blown away and will second it. Very comfortable eye relief, re-settable turrets with extremely nice clicks that are much more positive than my Burris- or heck even my Vx3 for that matter, fully multicoated with blackened tube insides in a fairly lightweight 1" package. Finding it very hard to justify some other scopes I been looking at considering just how bright this thing is. The rings were those vertical ones like Warne that aren't my thing but some really like. Most of my scopes were 6x in the past for consistency and brightness but newer coatings and so many now fully multicoated make new variables brighter than some of my fixed 6's. To my surprise I found I enjoy not so much the extra power over 6x but going below 6x for the huge fov so no longer seeing the advantage of fixed.

The SS 6x I am sure is a winner for build quality but gonna be a half a coke heavier, $50 more -if that matters, and no extras. The Prostaff came with lens covers plus a neoprene scope chief- or whatever they are called- and of course rings that work on Weaver type base.

Just some thoughts. $200 range scopes these days are a delight. The Vx2 is certainly another good one.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius