Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by Sheister
I will be curious to see how this PP ammo works out for you guys. I tried some of the new PP ammo, which is now made in Illinois, and it really wasn't anything special and downright disappointing in a few of my rifles- including my 52B and 40X, which used to love this stuff.

Bob

Actually , I think Winchester moved all rimfire production to Mississippi a few years ago.

And yeah, the new stuff seems t shoot just "OK" for me too, but I am not through testing it in my rifles. I have some from two lots now and going to run it through a few more of my guns. So far, it shoots about 1.5 to 2 MOA.

FWIW, I never got great accuracy from the old Power Points , either. Good accuracy ,but not great.

It never shot as well as medium priced target stuff like Wolf , SK standard or even the old Winchester Dynapoints of the same era for that matter.

You may be right on the location. I read in a magazine article it had been moved to Illinois and the boxes are marked Illinois, but that could just be packaging? In any case, it would be interesting to get a larger sample of shooters to see how this new PP ammo is. I will probably buy some more of it next time it comes on sale as it is still better than most of the stuff at this price point and the terminal effects are impressive as Varmint Guy alludes to. You have to experience it to appreciate it. I've found some of the bullets after the fact on the ground and they are expanded just like a big game bullet, sometimes almost completely flat. Those hollow points just flat out work...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.