Hold your position,never give up your post,stick and stay and make um pay....I know these all very well but failed to heed them. I sat my stand I specifically hung 2 days before the season opened this Saturday with one buck in mind the big drop tine buck.I sat in that stand from 5:45am till a bit after 1 PM . I saw 1 doe and a fawn at 10 am not much shooting going on around the area. I made the fatal decision of thinking the grass would be greener on another property that also held some big bucks and rumor of the piebald I've been after the past season still being alive and running the pines I hunt was a sirens song to go try. Things went south at that property shortly before 4 pm when some one unloaded very close to me in the pines had a slug crackle through trees and branches falling. I left disgusted after I was sure I wouldn't catch a stray round .

Anyway I hunted back at the original property till noon Sunday and retrieved my camera cards.It was a good morning with 11 doe and 3 buck seen but not who I was looking for. When I got home I checked the cards and wanted to slit my wrists....

Here you have me in stand and the dink walking by in the morning

[Linked Image]

Here you have my empty stand and the object of my obsession 15 yds away!

[Linked Image]

Droptine passed another of my cameras on the way to the stand

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT