Dang, Ebby, you hunted there too and won’t tell us where it is. That is a fine bull and I am glad he got it. But, whenever I run into one of my friends in town and they show me their bull I pretty much always ask “where’d you get him?” I’m not expecting GPS coordinates, but most people will be happy to tell me what unit, what drainage etc. If they hunted on private, they will say...an I think that is great. I’d like to hunt on private more. Or, they might say “my secret place” and that is fine too...but like smokepole says, when you see the road in the photo people are going to comment. I’ve never yet killed an elk where I could back my pickup right up to him but I hope to someday.

I don’t think there is any hating going on here, just legitimate questions...especially when a guy puts photos on the internet of how cool his bull is, then gets defensive when people ask normal questions. We ask the questions because we are happy about it too.

Hard to know if he is or is not hunting the way I like to if he won’t tell his where and how he hunted.