Smokepole and Riverdog, I agree with you that some things were left unsaid and that he should expect some questions. Totally normal and part of the process and part of the excitement of the hunt. I too want details when talking with my buddies about their hunts!

If you notice though, he left some of those details out and then was apparently away from the board. He didn't really dodge any questions although he left out some details. By the time he got back to answer some of those easy questions, it had deteriorated and people were calling him out and passing judgement. By that time, he's defensive and having to respond to silly people who obviously have issues in their life to be running other people down. I don't blame him at that point for not answering any more questions.

Just saddens me to see the meanness in people instead of the good. You see it every day on every forum and twitter and Facebook or whatever. People are just jealous and angry all the time. Not a good way to go thru life in my opinion. We cannibalize each other and it's not a good message.

By the way, most of the responses and people on here were super supportive. As usual, just a few bad apples.

I just looked at this post yesterday for the first time and was admiring the bull and all the responses from people and as I kept reading, I saw the downhill turn. It just rubbed me the wrong way and I posted a sermon. Ha! Sorry. I'll go away now.

Also, the years I hunted this place it was not a "high dollar" hunt. Not even close. I don't know what they paid for the hunt this year but it wasn't much when I went. OTC tag and cheap hunt.

Lee

Last edited by Ebby; 11/27/17.