I used a 150 LRAB @ 3050fps via 270Win (1:8 Lilja bbl Kimber 84L Montana @ 22") this fall on a whitetail @ 534yds. Got both shoulders and the spine. Exit on the off-side shoulder was ~ping-pong ball sized.

Used the same bullet/load/rifle on a bull elk @ 150yds in early Nov. The elk was quartered hard towards me and steeply downhill, my heart-beat lifted the rifle a tad as the elk dropped his head to take a step up. All of this happened in an instant and the result was I saw the crosshairs on the jaw when the trigger broke The bullet entered about 2" above that and took out 3 neck vertebrae before coming to rest under the off-side hide. The elk didn't even get a chance to exhale as the lungs were still inflated when I cut away the diaphragm. The bullet weighs 55gn now for 37% retention. That's not a stellar number on the surface, however, given the impact velocity and amount of bone it destroyed I find it acceptable. There was no core/jacket separation of the remaining slug and the main portion not counting the flared out jacket sections is ~1/2" wide.

So, in my vast experience of 2 critters killed (grin), the 150LRAB seems to work as one would think it should. FWIW, I shot the rifle/load to 600yds on steel pre-season and it seemed to follow the ballistics table I had printed out reasonably well, as well as I'm able to shoot @ that distance anyway.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.