Originally Posted by Hiaring8
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
I think this may be what your are looking for...This is my wife's rifle. Tikka T3x Superlite in 270 win, bedded in a Olive Marble Sako Classic that I snagged off of Stocky's Stocks. Talley Lows, and a 3-9x40 VX-2. Puts 140 accubonds into 1/2" groups with a heavy dose of H-4831.

The only "negative" I will say is that as much as I love the sako classic (I also have one on my Weatherby 375) the forearm grip is a bit thick. I always thought it was fine.... until I started shooting a Hi Tech Specialty Stock which as a much nicer forearm contour.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did you do the bedding on the stock? Did you use the factory recoil lug or does Mcmillan supply a steel lug? Thanks in advance

The McMillan does come with a steel lug in the stock. The one in the picture that I got from stockys was cut very well with no major gaps or anything like that - very good fit. I take all my rifles to my local smith for bedding. He bedded the lug area and the tang.

DId your gunsmith bed over the lug so it is sandwiched between lug and bottom of reciever or did he remove the lug attach it to the receiver with clear epoxy and then bed the lug into the stock?