Day 1 ended on a GREAT note. We BOTH had our deer.

Day 2 was a hunt further into the territory more towards the north end of the island. I managed to see a deer and I missed the shot. No hair no blood. A clean miss. The guide was not happy. I was hunting alone, and they just aren't happy with a miss. They feel it's a reflection on them. He brought me further in and dropped me off. This was a tough spot because the blind is backed right up to the National Park. Hunters are not permitted in for any reason. A guide can go in for a recovery of a legally shot deer outside of the park, but he must go in without a gun.

Well, I was sitting and about 125 yards, downhill, out pops this good looking deer. I could NOT see horns, but took the shot. The deer mule kicked very high. It took one jump, hit the ground, and again, kicked out. I figured heart shot for sure. The downside was the the deer went into the park. I walked over to where the deer went in and as far as I could see, a blood trail was visible. When the guide came back I showed him what had happened. He said we would pick up the other hunters and he would return after dark with another guide and they would try to find the deer. At about 6 or 6:30 PM the waitress came into the living area and said the guides had found my buck. I was amazed to here is was a buck................................Well, a "spike" buck. grin grin grin I know it's not a very good picture, but under the circumstances it was the best I could do.

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5