The evening of the 2nd day brought on heavy rain. As I said there was about 2 feet of snow on the ground up until that point. When we woke Thursday morning , all the snow had vanished. This was another ATV day. I was tagged out, but my wife wanted me to hunt with her so out I went. The trails were wet ans the packed snow on them quickly turned to ice. It was treacherous to say the least. If it weren't for the ATV bridge across the river it would have been a short hunt. We got to the trail head and parked the machines. It's possible some of you remember the year (2 years ago) we hunted and everything was flooded.. The place we were hunting this morning was the same meadow that was flooded so badly then. We got to where the stand was and it needed some cutting for better visibility. I got my wife set up and I sat away looking in the opposite direction. About a half hour passed and I saw my wife raise her rifle. I could not see an animal. Then she mouth bleated and the rest was history. She had shot a button buck, so now we were both tagged out and we would have a day and a half to relax. Here's a couple pictures of the meadow and her deer,

In the 1st picture almost in the center is where my wife shot from. The number 2 picture is a zoom to show the milk crate were she was sitting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5