Originally Posted by LarryfromBend
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
If you're having issues with blades closing on liner locks, you either have a crappy example or are doing something seriously wrong with your knife.

Neither. Apparently, you somehow got the idea that I was talking about the knife closing accidentally. I wasn't.

I use a knife most days. My other hand might be occupied, I might have leather gloves on, the light might be poor, my hands may be half-frozen or bloody.

I can put a half-frozen, gloved hand, in the dark, on a lock back or (better yet) an Axis lock and never have my thumb/finger, ligaments or blood vessels in the path of the closing blade. Not possible with a liner lock.

Liner locks I can live with, although I prefer the lock back design. Clips and thumb studs I really hate. The ergos on those suck if you are going to actually use the knife for anything more than sharpening a pencil or opening a package. If you want one handed opening for whatever reason, I'd go with the kinds that have holes in the blades for the thumb catch.

Luckily, in the knife market, there is a seat for every butt and then some.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn