for those of us that do off season shooting and practice...

one of the things I enjoy doing, is developing loads that won't wear out a barrel...

Setting targets at 100 yds, but use smaller targets...

Plenty of sites where you can down load targets to print...

I like downloading NRA match targets, where they have available something
that is sized at 100 yds, to look like what the target would appear at 300, 400, 500
and out to 800 yards....

Currently been adding to the economy of that, by using a load in a 223 that will
duplicate 22 Mag velocities... is much more accurate... and sorta in the price range
of 22 Mag ammo...

7.5 grains of Unique... Small Pistol or Small Rifle primer...

MV in the 2000 fps range... depending on Barrel length, and bullet weight... and primer used..

50 or 55 grain bulk bullets....one can order Speer Bullets in 50 TNT, 52 HP and 55 SP..
for right at 1000 bullets at $100 for a box of 1000....

The 50 TNT and 52 HP are especially accurate... the 55 grainer is more an AR Blast Real Fast
kind of bullet...

my shooting is with a bolt action, single shots each time...

Low recoil.. real easy on both brass and your barrel's Throat and doesn't heat it up
very much unless the shooter just gets carried away....

and a pound of Unique lasts for about 950 shots...and is about $20 a pound around here..

less in bulk.....

Recoil is nil and the blast is pretty darn low also...

especially in a varmint rifle with a 26 inch varmint weight barrel

taping pennies to a sheet of paper, using shipping tape also makes a little bitty
target to shoot at...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez