Cliff,

When I had a 204 Barrel on a Ruger Action, I did this sort of stuff with it all the time...

due to brass availability, I pulled the barrel and went with a 20 Practical done by
a gunsmith that did a couple of rifles for us when I was doing the Veteran Christmas
Projects... strictly due to the Practical is done by just necking down the neck of 223
with a neck sizing die..

Considering what I am doing here with Unique.. max load for so a 50 grain bullet
is about 11 grains of Unique...7.5 grains is way below max load....

Take a 204 Ruger, the neck is a smaller diameter, but the case is a little bigger...
then consider you'd be doing this with a smaller grain bullet.. say a 32 to 40.

To duplicate a 22 Mag velocity, you could copy the 7.5 grains of Unique load...
its all load technique at the bench to not double charge...

Actually my favorite bullet in 20 caliber is the Hornady 24 grain NTX, a lead free plastic tipped
bullet.. sadly they have made them off an on.. don't know if that is a marketing dept thing or not..
but its as long a the 40 V Max...

I enjoyed that bullet launched at about 2000 fps out of the 204 or the 20 Practical...

if you wanted to goose up its velocity to WARP 9... it would safely launch at 4750 fps
with a load of RL 10, or H 322...

cheers and best regards!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez