Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gibby
If I just woke up and grabbed a Glock, I'd probably shoot myself in the foot. That is only if I was pointing the damn thing in the correct direction. Without coffee first.

You need to develop the motor memory of keeping the index finger along the slide till ready to shoot. That's the manual safety on a Glock.

Any safety that requires you to put your finger on the trigger to disengage it, is not a safety at all. It's a safe with no dial at all and only the grab handle for security.

You do realize that a striker fired pistol is essentially the same as a DA revolver? Hence to fire the gun the trigger safety has to be depressed, then the trigger has to be pulled to both cock the striker and release the striker to fire the gun?

Anyone who considers a DA revolver safe, which has no safety, should be capable of considering a Glock at least as safe if not safer.

The only danger with a Glock is somebody who can't keep their finger off the trigger until they are going to squeeze the trigger, a danger shared with every firearm no matter the safety system.

If you want to make an inherently dangerous shooter safe, take their gun away.

I didn't say a Glock was dangerous... carried them and taught their use as a duty pistol for years. Must have done OK at it because none of those people shot anybody or anything that didn't need shooting. Glock's drop safety is a good thing. The trigger safety is still sailboat fuel.

Last edited by SargeMO; 12/03/17.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ