As to number 1, I usually only clean my .22s if accuracy falls off or if I want to test for accuracy with a different ammo so the new lube can prep the bore. Not sure how much difference it makes. Of late I've been using a bore snake with solvent, being very careful to prevent the string from rubbing against the crown. No doubt the boys with fine match or custom barrels have other methods. It used to be said that the steel in .22 barrels was soft and easily damaged; don't know if that's the case now, but it probably depends on the rifle.

For my .22 CFs, I use a guide or drilled-out case with a .17 rod and nylon brush with patches and a carbon .22 rod for full-caliber (usually nylon) brushes. The bore-snake gets used for removing oil from the bore or a quick wipe.

Ammo Seek can help you find stuff, or go to Midway, Graf's, or Champion Shooters for the fancy stuff. Better sit down before you look at the prices for some of it! Again, the .17 HMR performs very well and is fairly cheap to shoot.

What fresh Hell is this?