As to cleaning it's pretty much an annual type feel good thing for me. Extremely dry climate here with little to no worries about moisture induced corrosion. With every cleaning though, it seems each one of my units needs a run of about 20 to 25 rds down the barrel before accuracy/precision settles in again. Early on, I'd clean, head to the range, and chase zero for 20 or 30 rds. In the end, the scope would end up precisely on the settings I started with. Obviously, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Given the small surface area of 22 slugs, I think it takes quite a few rounds for them to put down whatever substances they carry for the entire length of ones barrel.

As to being instantly lethal, yes on the hollow points. I think even a field mouse can make it to cover when one is shooting solids. I'm mostly a Beldings ground squirrel shooter, and one for sure hears the hits and notices that they get tossed about with hollow points. With solids, one hears little, and if none of the central nervous system is damaged, they'll make it home.

Have fun,

Last edited by 1minute; 12/05/17.

1Minute