I probably would have objected if you had said that Remington 700s were good rifles. laugh They were long ago, but that was still when we were watching B&W television!

Not sure that was the case even then. The 720 (last of the Enfield-based Remingtons for the youngsters out there) is the last bolt gun I'd call good. Never seen one.

But then, I always compare everything to M98s, a tough act to follow. Somehow, despite all my pissing and moaning about detachable magazines, I've managed to acquire two rifles that use them in the last few months: the CZ Grendel, and a nice Model Six .30/06. The Grendel scratched a serious itch and the pump provided a graceful exit from an AR I should never have bought.

I can remember when cars were advertised with "Radio and Heater", because both were still options, about $50 IIRC. I don't remember if my Grandfather's '53 Chevy had them or not, but I do know it didn't have a back seat, because he used to throw me back there on the rubber mat to "keep me safe" when we went somewhere.

No wonder I threw up every time I got in a car.😳

What fresh Hell is this?