Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by S99VG
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I have some of the 2.5x scopes, auxiliary peep sights, and bases for a few different rifles. The Savage 99 base mounts via the factory D&T tang holes, but I think that they are just a novelty, not a practical scope or something I'd waste time and/or $$ on unless you're really bored and need a winter project.

That's pretty much my perspective too.

Well then, i'll take your word for it. I don't need a winter project. So who here needs the peep assembly and box, instructions, and scope box for a 4x, all pretty mint, to go with their 4x scope and mount?

Before you do that I would ask some people what they think about the scope. From what I've read the Boone scope was low power and not as good as traditional glass. They look like one-half of a binocular and the mount looks like it could be easily damaged if the rifle was dropped or dinged against a rock or tree. But, having said that they do occupy a niche in the history of the 99 and have some value in that. I see the Boone mount and scope as a bit of a novelty.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"