Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
As per Barnes, their .358's open to:

180gr to 1900fps
200gr to 1800fps
225gr to 1600fps

Can you confirm that's for the TSX (hollow point) and not the tipped TTSX? I remember the TTSX were supposed to open at lower velocity, but forget the exact details.

They only make 3 options in .358. What started this all for me was when I emailed them about their .308 168 TTSX and they told me it opens down to 1500 fps. After that, I began emailing for confirmation of every projectile of theirs I shoot. Surprisingly enough, almost every offering they make has a different lower limit. I'm guessing that's partially what leads to their erratic reviews. For example, there was one that was only rated to 2000 fps. I think it was the .243 TTSX, but I'd have to check my emails to confirm.

It seems like the ones they anticipate starting at higher MV are toughened up a bit. Based on the .243 example I had as well as the .358 above. Seems like higher the weight (lower expected MV), the "softer" the bullet.

Or they're all made with the same metal and they just tell people what they want to hear, knowing full well the bullets will work.

LOL