Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
As per Barnes, their .358's open to:

180gr to 1900fps
200gr to 1800fps
225gr to 1600fps

Can you confirm that's for the TSX (hollow point) and not the tipped TTSX? I remember the TTSX were supposed to open at lower velocity, but forget the exact details.

They only make 3 options in .358. What started this all for me was when I emailed them about their .308 168 TTSX and they told me it opens down to 1500 fps. After that, I began emailing for confirmation of every projectile of theirs I shoot. Surprisingly enough, almost every offering they make has a different lower limit. I'm guessing that's partially what leads to their erratic reviews. For example, there was one that was only rated to 2000 fps. I think it was the .243 TTSX, but I'd have to check my emails to confirm.

It seems like the ones they anticipate starting at higher MV are toughened up a bit. Based on the .243 example I had as well as the .358 above. Seems like higher the weight (lower expected MV), the "softer" the bullet.

Actually they offer the 200gr in both TSX and TTSX varieties; that's why I asked. Midway .358 Barnes

The 180 is only in TTSX, and the 225 is only TSX.

Last edited by Yondering; 12/13/17.