I have a swaro Z3 4-12X50BT on a hunting rifle that so far has been great. The idea behind this scope was a top quality optics hunting scope, that could be set and forgot except for the occasional hunting scenario were I would have to use the turret and dial to 4,5, or 600 - (not a scope to be twisted back and forth a lot). When I sighted in, i set my turret per the software, shot twice at each of those distances - banged the steel, dialed back and it returned to zero. I went the hole hunting season without having to twist the turret and it work great on 3 kills in the backcountry. Rifle was banged around a bit, but scope held zero fine. (furthest shot was about 300 yards and didn't require dialing so not a huge testing sample, but bullet hit were it was suppose to)

Yet the tinker and worry wort in me has me questioning if I cant/should try to do better. I would love to move up to a NF 2.5-10X42, but budget is really not going to allow for that. So the next option I am considering is the Elite LRHS 3-12X44.

In short, for the purposes I described above - do you think a move would be warranted? Not a fan of the weight or the FFP, and not sure that the Bushnell glass would be on par with the swaro. But the flip side of that is I would hate a scope failure on poi due to dialing because more than likely, if it did happen, it would be in the backcountry and could cost a chance at a big buck or bull.

Thoughts? Should I just save for a NF NXS or be happy and content with the swaro - if it's not broke don't fix it??? Maybe try to upgrade to the z5 3.5-18x44? Been told that has better internals.