I really don't give a ratt azz who likes what I say, The problem around here is people spend money on things and fail to admit its shortcomings. I have spent money on the wrong things that costs me 10's of thousands of $$. I am a big boy and can handle having bought the wrong things when there was something better to buy and will freely admit it.. I simply stated the reticle is going to be terrible to see in on low power and on low light. Like I said to say otherwise is denying the sky is blue. Its your choice to continue to do so. I saw all I needed when I looked at the scope in a well lit trade show and the reticle washed out against a brown curtain. I don't care what jordan smith or formadillo says. These people aren't the end all be all on everything, but rather usually parrots of group think and forum pack mentality. Its ok, I am not offended. Don't like what I say I think there is an ignore feature around here.

I had to laugh when one of these guys posted a fan boy post on how to use SWFA scopes, When all that info is widely available from other sources. You guys that want to say oh cummins you don't know crap. Are some of the same ones that were such fan boys on that post. my comment to that is you should have known all that stuff already, its pretty basic long range scope setup. Your hunting scope should be sitting on its lowest power typically most of the time. Even long range hunters shoot lots of animals at closer ranges, Trophy mule deer and elk are often pretty nocturnal, at least the large smart ones. Catching them out in mornings with very very poor light is common. Having a scope like the LRHS with no illumination to make up for it is actually a handicap. Its very very let me say very common to see animals flashing through a stand of aspens or trees in the mountains. You may only have 2 or 3 seconds to shoot. The animals I hunt don't stand around waiting for you to crank the [bleep] scope to higher power so you can actually see the reticle. What if there isn't time? what if your riding a side by said along a mountain finger and the bull of a lifetime trots in front of you at 150 yards? do you want to have to crank the scope to 7x to see the reticle? because its barely light, even if you had time how is shooting an animal that is moving or walking sound with your scope cranked to higher magnification? If you want a heavy duty scope without compromises nightforce is the only one out there that covers all the bases. The higher power model LRHS is actually the only one of the 2 models that makes some sense because the reticle is much better suited to that one. When the light is low, the reticle ruler and the fact that the subtensions are all the same, don't mean jack squat, if you can't see the reticle.

big game hunting is mostly boring for me, unless I draw a primo tag, but I do spend 15+ days in the field each year hunting high desert coyotes, in 4 western states. low light, sage brush, difficult to see animals are what I hunt. I also don't hunt or shoot 1 animal, I am hunting and killing several animals a day, maybe missing others. I am usually doing 13-15 stands a day. handling, using, shooting, looking with my gear is what I do during these times. I think it matters more what people think that actually use product in the field, not punch paper at their local gun range 3 times a year. paper punchers 3x a year is some of the people that parrot group think and forum pack mentality. its bad info. just my perspective ignore or listen. but when you attack me you have shown you have nothing to dispute my argument.

back on subject, keep the Z3