Originally Posted by whitearrow
not to derail the thread but what are y'alls opinions on the 120 grain sst vs 120 grain bt as far as bullet construction and on game performance?? i've got some hornady custom lite 7mm-08 ammo loaded with the 120 grain sst is the reason i ask and my 6yo does great shooting with these. but, my plan was to slip some 140 grain core-lokts in the mag as i didn't figure he would notice when shooting at a deer. my tikka shoots the aforementioned ammo to approx the same poi with the cl being 1" higher at 100yds.so,would y'all try the 120 grain sst on the mag or do the ole switcharoo and slip 3 140 grain core-lokts in for a broadside 60yd shoulder shot??

From what I’ve seen done with the 7mm-08, I’d take a dozen 7mm Nosler 120gr Ballistic Tips over 200 SSTs. I wouldn’t think twice about it, either.

The 7-08 and 120 NBT go together like chicken fried steak and eggs. They kill chit like el Diablo himself.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?