Arrow:

Not in the same class at all. The 120 BT was the darling of the silhouette shooters and accidentally became a great game bullet. The SSTs I have shot were like fragging the deer although I have not tried the 120x7mm iteration nor will I be likely to do so. They will without question kill deer and fast too but if they are like the other SSTs I have used don't shoot for any part you want to eat.

I think they would really shine in the 08 or 7x57 or lesser velocity 7mms but when you have such a great bullet like the BT or even better the Barnes why use it? On the other hand the SST would be great for a reduced recoil load for the young lad. I think it opens up at 1600 fps or somewhere around there so a reduced load would be good for as far as a youngster should shoot.

To me most of this is moot as practically anything that goes bang will kill a deer.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli