I have used the 120 NBT over 45 grains of Varget with less than stellar results. I was really hoping that they would be the do all bullet for me since they shoot tiny little groups but their performance on game has not been impressive at all. It is only a sample size of 2 but with all of the other good 7mm bullets available I decided to move on. As you can see there are many who praise it so I'm not sure why I had issues. The buck shot at 20 and 35 yards behind the shoulder. Both ran off like they weren't even hit and both were found after extensive tracking and following some ruffled/kicked up leaves with zero blood on the ground. We found them both after 125 or so yards. Both were shot behind the shoulder with no bullet exit. I have had such good luck with a standard cup and core bullet (core lok, power point) in 7mm-08 that I now decided to load up some hornady interlock 139s and I am hoping that they work better for me. With the lack of a blood trail we were very lucky to find these deer. I was hoping the first time was a fluke but after having the exact same thing happen again I am moving to a different bullet. I prefer having two holes and at least some type of blood trail to follow.