Originally Posted by C185
Well after a 9 month wait, my X2 in 264 win mag finally showed up. The gun looks to be well built, but the action is rough. Sort of disappointed. I cleaned and lubed it up and cycled the bolt several hundred times, it seems better. But for the money I would expect more.

As noted in another thread, I have two LH MRC X2 rifles from the two group buys. Easily the two smoothest actions I own. Just picked up a raw LH MRC action for a project. Older action (2003 time frame maybe?). Anyhoo, as you stated, rough. Have about 700 to 800 cycles on the bolt, with and without the firing pin. Has smoothed up significantly. But still not where I want it to be. It is going to be a custom build, so, "smoothing action" will be one of the items on the build list.

Anyone familiar with why the MRC action "smoothness" quality would be up and down ? I can understand the early actions during start up mode. However, surprised that current production actions would have an issue after they have had a period of really good smooth actions two to three years ago ?